Jun 23, 2009


Avenue Montaigne, a street in the 8 th arrondissement of Paris, always my favourite avenue in Paris. Avenue Montaigne begins from 7, Place de l’Alma to 3, rond- point des Champs Élysées, with the length 615 m, width 33 m.

There are many stores of the most famous luxury brands in high fashion such as Chanel, Dior, Valentino, Emanuel Ungaro, Nina Ricci, Celine, Louis Vuitton, St Dupont, Bulgari, Ralph Lauren, Christian Lacroix, Thierry Muggler, Prada, Gucci, Harry Winston, etc. There is Plaza Athénée hotel in this avenue. Every single things are luxury. Please don’t ask the price!

Avenue Montaigne was called the allée des Veuves (widows' alley) because women in mourning gathered there, the street has changed since those days of the early 18th century. The current name comes from Michel de Montaigne, a writer of the French Renaissance.

I used to go to Avenue Montaigne, to know the trends of the fashion. It helps me to find the theme of my portfolio design. I found that I really fell in love to the shoes design of Christian Lacroix. Christian Dior’s my favourite destination too, wondering the latest designs of John Galliano, makes me always admire Dior collection. Also Thierry Muggler inspired me to learn the shape of body, how to create our own body sculpture.I used to spend a half day to spend in Avenue Montaigne.


How luxury life style!