Jun 27, 2009


Palais de l’Élysée is a residence of French president and the symbol of the supreme authority in France. When I passed the palais, my Prada bags's broken. All of the things in my bag fell down. I picked them directly and moved them into my plastic bag. I put my broken prada bag into the bin. Suddenly, the house’s security, came to me and checked my plastic bag and my broken prada. I was surprised, I convinced them that my Prada bag’s broken. What a surprise!

Built in 1718, the main building is a two story classical stone architecture of european style. There are 369 halls and rooms of different size, has an area of 11,000 sqm. The Palais de l’Élysée was at first a private residence of the Compte d'Evreau, hence it was called Hotel d' Evreau. Napoleon III moved here in 1848 and the house became a Royal Palace when he proclaimed himself as emperor. The Third French Republic issued a decree in 1873, designating officially the Palais de l’Élysée as the residence of president of the French Republic. Starting from 1989, the Palais de l’Élysée is open to the public every year in September on the French Castles Day.