Dec 23, 2009



About Nitrate and cellulose. Nitrocellulose. We can find nitrocellulose in the manufacturing celluloid, collodion, etc. When I thought celluloid, I thought dolls. Celluloid is a plastique. Invented by J.W. Hyatt from nitrate de cellulose and camphre. It's always interesting to know how to make dolls. So I decided to visit the Musée de la Poupée to see the collections of dolls.


Musée de la Poupée (Dolls Museum), located at Impasse Berthaud, near 22, Rue Beaubourg, 3 th arrondissement. In this charming cul-de-sac, about 500 charming dolls from 1800 to this year, produced by using porcelaine, paper, fabric, composition, celluloid or plastique material. We can find in the presentation of dolls like the miniature of houses, accessories, toys, etc.


It's a good way to discover the toy world differently in the musée de la poupée. Many interesting activities in this museum, especially for children and adults. I followed the tours, begun by handling dolls' parts from various periods and continued with the visit of the permanent rooms of the museum, then I visited the exhibit on my own. Unfortunately, I couldn't follow the interesting workshop for making fake miniature food, especially for children from 6 to 12 years old. They will discover how to create miniatures with colored paste and by recycling every day material.




Next time, I'll go to the Musée de la Poupée with my children, I said to myself. I really want my children know how to make the toys. It motivates them to learn science and be creative in their life.








Station on Paris metro: rambuteau