May 10, 2010



Chinese food, I miss them !!! In Paris, I used to go to 13 th arrondissement known as chinatown. In the 1970s a wave of refugees and immigrants from Southeast Asia settled in the “Triangle de Choisy", made up of the Avenue de Choisy, Avenue d’Ivry and the Boulevard Masséna. The district known as Chinatown,many of the residents are actually from Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and Thailand, and speak a different dialect from the Chinese populations in the Arts-et-Métiers and Belleville districts.


There are many chinese restaurants including vietnamese, thai, cambodian restaurants and asian groceries stores. If I went to 13 th arrondissement, I used to go to Tang Frères. It’s a supermarket that I can find all ingredients for asian recipes. Located at 48, avenue d'Ivry, 13 th arrondissement, Tang Frères supplies many of the Asian restaurants in the city. I liked to buy many of hakau and dumplings in the Tang Frères. At home, I cooked some porridge to eat with the hakau and dumplings. So delicious!!!

Station on Paris metro: Porte d'Ivry